|| Password Wizard
Runs on 10.12.2+
Password Wizard is a secure (AES-256 encryption) password manager that allows you to save user IDs, passwords and other sensitive information (such as social security numbers), optionally associate them with website URLs, and facilitate logging into websites.
Websites are constantly improving their security and, frankly, trying to defeat automatic user ID and password entry functions built into browsers. Therefore Password Wizard supports many options for user ID and password entry.
Password Wizard incorporates several advanced features not commonly found in other password managers, including:
- the ability to specify two-part user IDs that must be entered into two fields on the web page,
- the ability to automatically enter the password on a different page than the User ID,
- support for passwords that must be entered by clicking on the screen (e.g. with an on-screen numeric pad), and
- the ability to associate a different browser with each website (if the site works properly only with a particular browser).
- Also, Password Wizard is designed to use files that are synchronized across different machines (for example via DropBox).
Password Wizard runs on Mac Os 10.12+.
It is required that the keyboard shortcut on your system to paste is Command-V, the common default.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When I try to run the program the system says it is from an unauthorized developer. How can I run the application? After you have moved it to the Applications folder, right-click or control-click the application. Ignore any message to trash the application (which may see on Mac OS 10.15+). If you see an “Open” button, click it. If not, click “Cancel”, then right- (or control-) click the application AGAIN. This time you should see the “Open” button. Click it and you will be asked again if you want to run the application. After you run the application once via this “Open” button, you will not be asked again and you can launch the application in any manner.
- Will Password Wizard use my saved preferences and files from PW Master? Yes.
- Why aren't my userids and passwords pasting? If you are running on 10.14 or later, you must re-authorize Password Wizard to control your computer when installing or after upgrading it. In System Preferences->Security & Privacy-> Accessibility you should see Password Wizard shown. Even if it is checked, because of an apparently unfixable Apple bug, you must UNCHECK it and then CHECK it again. You will have to click on the lock icon and enter your password before doing so. If for some reason Password Wizard does not appear there, you will need to click the plus sign and add Password Wizard, which should be in your Applications folder.
- Where is Help available? Choose "Password Wizard Help" or "Quick Reference" under the "Help" menu . If you need to contact the author to report a bug or ask for help, please do so only by using the "Email The Author" function under the "Password Wizard" menu. This will provide me with debugging info that allows me to better answer your question.
1.0 - Initial Release.
1.1 - Bug fixes:
- Fixed retrieve code in registration dialog.
- Fixed that Duplicate button sorted the passwords wrong.
1.2 - Improved debugging information provided with Email The Author
1.3 - Feature improvement and bug fix:
- Improved support for having multiple password files open.
- Fixed the Change Password function.
1.4 - Feature improvements:
- Added a preference to specify a default User ID (e.g. your email address) for new entries.
- Added an indication at the bottom of the window when the entries are being saved.
- Performance improvement.
1.5 - Feature improvement and bug fix:
- Improved compatibility with Retina displays.
- Added/edited entries are now selected after creating/editing them.
1.6 - Feature improvement and bug fixes:
2.0 - Added support for Dark Mode on 10.14+
2.1 - Improvements:
- Improved the authorization warning for new users.
- Fixed appearance in Dark mode.
- Fixed bug in saving password in Keychain.
- Improved the duplicate icon.
- Improved appearance in Dark mode.
2.2 - Updated Help.
2.3 - Improvement and bug fix:
- Improved workaround for Mac OS 10.14+ Accessibility authorization.
- Fixed bug in help display.
2.5 - Bug fixes:
- Exported data now has a ".csv" extension.
- Fixed bug producing csv exports with non-standard characters in the exported data.
Copyright ©2019-2020 John Woodward. All rights reserved.
You may distribute Password Wizard unmodified via any media as long as it is kept together with its Read Me file.