PW Master is a secure
manager that allows you
to save user IDs, passwords and other sensitive information (such as
social security numbers), optionally associate
them with website URLs, and facilitate logging into
Websites are constantly improving their security and,
trying to defeat automatic user ID and password entry functions
built into browsers. Therefore PW Master supports many options
for user ID and password entry.
PW Master incorporates several advanced
features not commonly found in other password managers, including:
- the ability to specify two-part user IDs that must be
into two fields on the web page,
- the ability to automatically enter the password on a
page than the User ID,
- support for passwords that must be entered by
screen (e.g. with an on-screen numeric pad), and
- the ability to associate a
browser with each
(if the site works properly only with a particular browser).
Also, PW Master is designed to use files that are
synchronized across different machines (for example via DropBox).
documentation for PW Master is available as
help within the application.
PW Master runs on MacOS 10.4 or later, including
Lion and Mountain Lion.
Q: I am running 10.8 (Mountain Lion) or
cannot get your program to run because it was not downloaded from the
app store. What do I do now?
Just right-click on the program and choose
"Open". Then answer the dialog saying you want to open the
application. This will run the program and allow you to run it in
just by double-clicking it.
2.4 - Feature enhancements:
- Added preference to re-prompt for password after a specified time
- Added help buttons throughout the user interface.
- Improved help viewer.
2.3 - Feature enhancements:
- Added preference for re-promptng for password when PW Master is brought forward.
- Clarified the meaning of the "Save File Password In Keychain" under the "File" menu.
2.2 - Fixed bug in saving notes.
2.1 - Performance improvement and bug fixes.
- Improved performance.
- Fixed bug in saving notes.
- Fixed bug in Recent Websites menu.
- Fixed bug in delete confirmation preference.
2.0 - Name change, feature enhancements, bug fix:
- Changed name of application from "Password Master" to
"PW Master" to avoid confusion with an old application named
"PasswordMasterX" (no space) written by Railhead Design.
- Modernized icon for retina displays.
- Improved encryption.
- When files are opened, converts file format to be
compatible with forthcoming version of PW Master for the iPad.
- Added a preference to require confirmation of deletes.
- Improved handling of conflicts for files synced by
Dropbox (between Macs or the iPad app).
- Notes are now scrollable.
- Fixed a bug with handling recent websites.
1.9 - Feature enhancement:
- Added the ability to change the password of a
1.8 - Feature enhancement:
- Added support for password files that are read-only
(such as on a CD or write-protected USB drive or network drive).
1.7 - Feature enhancement:
- Increased the maximum length of a generated password
1.6 - Feature enhancement:
- Added support for password files that are
synchronized across different machines (for example via DropBox),
1.5 - Feature enhancement:
- Added the ability to export password entries to a
comma-seperated values (.csv) file.
1.4 - Feature enhancement:
- Added the ability to drag and drop entries between
Master and Records
1.3 - Feature enhancement and bug fix:
- Added the ability drag and drop entries between
- Fixed bug in searching entry fields other than name.
1.2 - Feature enhancements and bug fix:
- Information in an entry is now optionally displayed
hover it. (Specify this in the preferences).
- Further enhanced import function error checking.
- Dropped support for importing data with fields
- Fixed bug in creating databases (introduced in 1.1).
1.1 - Feature enhancements:
1.0 - Initial Release.
- Under the file menu, you can now specify that the
should be saved in the keychain.
- Enhanced the handling of badly or inconsistently
Note: PW Master incorporates the password
management features already incorporated into Records Master,
thus PW Master is FREE to registered Records Master users.
It will automatically be registered on a machine with Records Master
PW Master is shareware. You can try it
30 days, but if you still use it thereafter, you must register
it. The price is very reasonable--$10. After 30 days, PW
Master will not work unless you have registered it.
Registration includes future updates.
To purchase PW Master, select Registration...
the PW Master
Menu, and click on the Purchase
Code button. You will be taken to a web site where you can
choose among the above options, then to a payment web site
you can pay by credit card. Once you have paid, you will
receive a registration code via email. You can enter this
code into PW Master Registration...
PW Master Copyright © 2011-2013
Woodward. All rights reserved.
You may distribute PW Master unmodified via any
as long as you keep it together with its Read Me file.